163. BLUE NOTES – notes that are played or sung lower than usual for expressive purposes.
164. BLUES – a genre of music that has deep roots in American history, particularly African-American history. The early forms of blues originated on Deep South plantations in latter half of the 19th century by slaves, former slaves, and descendents of slaves
Objective(s): Students will to respond to music notation on the first five strings of the guitar by performing exercises and simple melodies (Unit IV of Book). Students will perform open chords (Principal progressions in Am, G, C, D, Dm, & A). Students will perform simple first position scales (C, Am, Open Pentatonic). Students will partner for Seasonal Duet preparation and practice.
- Group Tune / Daily Vocab
- Warm Ups – 1234, 1243, etc., Spider, Triplet
- Review – Scales, Round, Chords (strum construct)
- Unit V – Accidentals
- Blues Improvisation and Busy Blues Progression